What is a LED batten?
The various LED Battens / LED fluorescent fixtures that you can buy online at any-lamp are interesting because of their low energy consumption and have a lifespan of up to 70,000 hours. This corresponds to about 25 years! Depending on the application and/or situation, you can select the right size, color temperature and light value. You can do this via the filter menu on the left.
LED Battens with a high IP value (protection against dust and water) are also especially suitable for outdoor use, such as LED fluorescent fixtures with a IP65 rating or higher, indicating that the fixture is dust and waterproof. You can also shop at any-lamp for DALI dimmable LED Battens. Suitable applications for maintenance-free LED luminaires include ceiling lighting for industrial facilities, parking garages, warehouses and corridors.
What are the advantages of an LED batten?
There are many good reasons to replace your conventional batten with a durable and economical LED replacement:
- A significant saving on your energy costs, which can amount to more than 90%!
- Extremely long life of up to 70,000 hours, which means that LED lighting is virtually maintenance-free - and the purchase price is recovered in a short time.
- LED is a sustainable, environmentally friendly, and safe form of lighting, which is also recyclable because no substances such as mercury are used.
For which rooms are LED Battens suitable?
LED mounting beams are particularly flexible and can be used not only in homes but also in businesses. Using the filters on the left you can quickly and easily determine which properties your LED lighting should have. There are certain areas for which LED fluorescent fixtures are perfectly suited.
Protection class (IP rating): Moisture-resistant luminaires are characterized by a high protection class of at least IP44. They can be used, for example, in bathrooms, changing rooms, toilet blocks, parking garages. Luminaires with a high IK class are also impact resistant and therefore perfectly suitable for workshops, garages or parking garages.
Color temperature: Depending on the color temperature, LED fluorescent fixtures are suitable for a different room. Warm white light (3000 Kelvin) can be found in reception areas, changing rooms, foyers, canteens, waiting rooms and common areas such as a hall or corridor. Cool white light (4000 - 5000 Kelvin) promotes concentration and vision. That is why this color temperature is often used in workshops, warehouses, showrooms and factories and kitchens. If you want a light strip that looks like sunlight, you should choose a model with a color temperature of Daylight white (6500 Kelvin). This light color is particularly useful when work is carried out during the day or at night. With this light color, you can think of workshops, laboratories, healthcare, printing houses, and stables.
Are LED Battens dimmable?
Yes, there are also dimmable Battens. DALI. With this innovative and easy-to-operate system you can control and dim several lamps at the same time. Would you like to know more about DALI dimmable LED fixtures and how exactly DALI works? Then read our blog: ‘Why should you go for DALI fixtures?’
How do I install an LED batten?
The installation of a LED fluorescent fixture requires a few steps. We have explained to you exactly which these are below.
- Turn off the power. For safety reasons, you can remove the fuse.
- If you want to replace a traditional lamp with LED, you have to remove the plug from the socket and then remove your old lamp.
- Remove the cover from the fixture
- Carefully remove the aluminum backing plate with the LED units by pressing the two retaining clips and lifting the aluminum strip. Make sure not to touch the LED modules.
- Install the PG gland. (The sealing plug with the sealing unit faces outwards).
- Pass the European mains cable through the opening of the PG cable gland and connect the clamps.
- Close the cable gland and place/hang the LED fluorescent fixture in the desired location.
Your request has been successfully sent!
Our sales team will now contact you shortly. Together with you, we will collect your data and talk about your personal advantages. Thank you for your trust!
We are sorry
Unfortunately you can only request a quotation if you are an installer or a company. You can always use the special tier discounts for our products.