Philips LED Tubes
What Philips LED tubes are there?
The range of Philips is very diverse. You have the choice of many T5 and T8 LED fluorescent tubes, which are available in very warm white (2700K), warm white (3000 - 3300K), cool white (4000K) and daylight white (6500K). With lengths between 30cm and 150cm, there is also a light source available for each fluorescent fixture. Philips makes the following distinction:
- High output (HO) - These LED tubes have a high light output (Lumen).
- Ultra output (UO) - These are light sources with a very high light output (Lumen).
- High Efficiency (HE) - Means that these lamps have an efficient energy consumption.
- Ultra efficiency (UE) - These LED fluorescent tubes make very efficient use of energy.
In addition, the T8 Philips LED fluorescent tubes have two specific product lines:
- CorePro - This Philips product line includes standard LED tubes, which are similar to fluorescent tubes.
- Food - These light sources are extremely suitable for the food industry (supermarkets, butchers etc.).
Why are these light sources a good choice?
Philips LED tubes are a 1-to-1 replacement for conventional fluorescent tubes, but with several advantages. A LED fluorescent tube lasts up to 70,000 hoursa lifetime that is 3 to 4 times longer than fluorescent tubes. In addition, you save enormously on your energy consumption, which results in a decrease of at least 50% in your energy costs. With Philips you are assured of quality lighting.
Philips LED fluorescent tubes are, depending on the required ballast (EM or HF), supplied with or without starter. This makes it possible to place the light sources in your old fixture without problems. In addition, there are universal (UN) variants that can be used in both ballasts and there are LED fluorescent tubes that can be connected directly to the mains (MAINS). Find out which Philips LED fluorescent tube you need here.
Good to know! You can tell which type of ballast it is used in by the design of a Philips LEDtube. EM tubes have one coloured ring next to the Philips logo, HF tubes two and UN light sources three.
Does Philips have LED fluorescent tubes with a motion sensor?
Yes, Philips has introduced a LED fluorescent tube on the market that is equipped with a handy motion sensor. This sensor detects movement within a radius of 5 metres, after which it switches the light source on for 100%. The rest of the time, the LED tube will be on dimmed mode. You can buy the Philips LEDtube sensor here.