Your request has been successfully sent!
Our sales team will now contact you shortly. Together with you, we will collect your data and talk about your personal advantages. Thank you for your trust!
We are sorry
Unfortunately you can only request a quotation if you are an installer or a company. You can always use the special tier discounts for our products.
Halogen or LED light bulbs ?
How does LED work?
LED stands for ‘Light emitting diode’. A diode is an electrical component with two electrodes, which only allows electricity to pass freely in one direction. Through the constant movements of the electrons in the semiconductor, light is generated.
What are the advantages of LED?
- Low power consumption – Because it is not necessary to heat up a filament, the main advantage of LED bulbs is the energy efficiency. No energy is getting wasted and it is possible to save up to 80 %.
- Long lifetime – The average lifetime of LED bulb is about 15.000 to 40.000 hours. Incandescent bulbs on the contrary only 1000 hours. The longevity of the LED products leads to low replacement and energy costs, therefore a fast amortization time is usually guaranteed within one year.
- Environmentally friendly – In Contrary to traditional light bulbs, LED bulbs contain no toxic chemicals. For example, a broken energy saving bulb is not only harmful to your health (mercury vapor) but also to the environment. In addition, it is special waste, which cannot be easily disposed.
- Perfect for accent lighting – LED bulbs are available in a variety of color temperatures. The light beam of a LED bulb is generally between 8 ° and 360 °. This has the advantage that a suitable LED bulb is available for every possible situation. This allows you to create specific accent lighting, but also to imitate the look and feel of a traditional light bulb.
What is the disadvantage of LED?
High acquisition costs – The initial investment is higher than for incandescent bulbs. Due to the long life and high energy efficiency of LED bulbs, a fast ‘Return on Investment’ is possible.
How does a halogen work?
A halogen bulb works basically the same as an incandescent bulb. The difference is in heat emissions because more electricity is converted into light than with an incandescent bulb. This means that no normal glass is used, but heat-resistant quartz glass, so that the glass does not crack due to the heat. Gas is added to the halogen so that there are no black spots on the lamp as can happen with incandescent bulbs.
What are the advantages of a halogen bulb
- Halogen has good light intensity and a wide range
- Halogen isn’t expensive for purchase
What are the disadvantages of a halogen bulb
- The lifespan of a halogen bulb is on average only 1000 hours. This means that you regularly have to buy a new light bulb and spend a lot of time replacing your defective lights.
- They become very hot and can not be touched during or just after burning
- To connect halogen bulbs to the mains, a transformer is always required.
Which one do you choose?