LED Track Lights
What is a LED track light?
If you are using a commercial space, where selling or displaying products and objects is very important, then LED track lights are an excellent option. These fixtures are known for their flexibility and very high colour rendering: 90-99Ra. This allows you to put products in a spotlight. Colours are rendered naturally thanks to track lighting, which makes a red apple, a bright pink dress or other items more appealing. You can also make paintings and art more noticeable with LED track lighting. Furthermore, you can decide for yourself in which way you want to place the rail system. If desired, you can make the system longer or shorter as well as move one or more rail spots to a different spot.
In what colours is LED track lighting available?
In our range of LED track lights, you can choose from top quality products in multiple colours, such as black, white, grey and silver. The best colour fit depends on the colours already present in the room. Black track lighting and white track lighting are the most popular, as these colours have a more neutral character. Therefore, they fit well in most interior designs. Our assortment of track lighting includes several top brands, such as Noxion, Philips and Ledvance. Therefore, you are assured of the best LED track spots that also have a long lifespan.
What are the advantages of a LED track system?
Would you like to buy LED track lighting online? This will provide you with numerous advantages, which will save you money in many ways. We have listed the most important ones for you below.
- Flexibility: Track lighting can be placed on a large ceiling area without having to use a separate power supply for each luminaire. You can also rotate most LED track lighting, which enables you to aim the light directly on a product or object. You can also rotate luminaires and/or lengthen or shorten the system.
- Efficiency: Our product range includes a wide selection of LED track systems, which are highly efficient compared to traditional incandescent or halogen light sources. By switching to durable LED track spots, you can save up to 90% on electricity and energy costs.
- Sustainability: When purchasing a LED track system, you are assured of a durable product, with an average lifespan of 50,000 hours. If you for example use the lighting for 60 hours a week, your LED track spotlight will provide high-quality, flicker-free light for up to 20 years. You also save on maintenance and replacement costs, since LED track lights last much longer.
For which areas are track spotlights suitable?
LED track spotlight systems are used in both the private and commercial sectors. They can be used for complex lighting in a room with only one or a few power sockets.
Homes - Do you like minimalistic and modern furnishings or do you have a particularly angular room? Then you can install track spotlights on the ceiling. They give every room a unique charm and always give the best light thanks to the high CRI value. You can also specifically illuminate certain objects in a room/area.
Retail - LED track spots are perfectly suited as shop lighting. Good examples are a clothing store, a supermarket, a toy store, decoration shops or a large department store. Thanks to LED track spot luminaires with a high colour rendering (90-99Ra), you can highlight your products and thus increase your sales.
Hospitality - Rail spotlights are very useful in larger hospitality establishments, including those with higher ceilings. You can install an extensive track system with LED track spotlights that point to certain angles. Do not direct the spots at areas where people are sitting, since the light is simply too bright for that. With track spots in 2700 Kelvin (extra warm white) you can create a relaxed atmosphere in a catering establishment.
Hotels - In hotels, LED track systems fit well in the lobby and/or in a hospitality area that is part of the hotel. The various track spots can also be matched throughout the different kinds of hotel rooms, such as a reception area, foyer and entrance area.
Showrooms - LED track systems are ideal for showrooms, as they can illuminate specific products. This applies to a wide range of products. From a car showroom to a kitchen showroom. As long as the products stand out. The useful thing about flexible rail spots is that you can always reposition them on the rail, when a new object is placed in a showroom.
Museums and galleries - LED track spots allow you to create the right lighting for exhibitions. In a museum or art gallery, we recommend installing track spot lighting in the colour white, as this makes the lighting inconspicuous and does not distract the visitors from the exhibits.
What is the difference between LED track systems with high voltage and low voltage?
High-voltage track systems are connected to an existing 230-volt power source and do not require a transformer. Therefore, there is no minimum load to be taken into account. Low-voltage track systems are available as 1-phase and 3-phase track systems. With a 3-phase system, it is possible to set up different circuits so that you can switch fixtures independently of each other. Low-voltage track spotlight systems work with 12 volts. Therefore, they require a transformer that converts the high-voltage current into low-voltage current. The products can be expanded as required, as long as the maximum load is not exceeded.
What light colour is best for LED track lighting?
|Light colour||Application area|
|2700 Kelvin - extra warm white||Hospitality, hotels, theatres and living rooms.|
|3000 Kelvin - warm white||Reception areas, foyers, receptions, counters and retail.|
|4000 Kelvin - cool white||Museums, galleries, showrooms, shops and supermarkets.|
Is a LED track spotlight dimmable?
In our product range, you will also find dimmable track lighting. Click here to view all these products. With dimmable track lighting, you have the possibility to make a room extra atmospheric. A combination of dimmable with a warm colour temperature of 2700 Kelvin or 3000 Kelvin is best, because this allows you to add the most atmosphere to a room when the light is dimmed. Dimmable LED track lighting fits well in for example living rooms, reception areas, foyers and theatres.
How do I install LED track lighting?
Have you determined the size of the room and bought the right LED track lights? Then you can start with the installation. Caution! Are you in doubt about the installation? Always have this done by a certified and competent person. If you want to install your new rail system yourself, follow the nine steps below.
- Switch off the power supply and remove the fuse if necessary.
- Lay the rails on the floor in the same way as you would later attach them to the ceiling.
- Connect the corner connectors to the power rails and thread the light source's cable through the corner connectors.
- Fit the end pieces to the rails.
- Mark the drill holes with a pencil.
- Drill the holes in the concrete ceiling with a hammer drill (approx. 6 mm deep).
- Fix the rails to the ceiling with plugs and screws.
- Connect the wires and repeat the process if necessary, depending on the length of your LED track spotlight.
- Switch the power supply and the fuse on again.